Tuesday, July 30, 2013

FamilySearch "Fan Chart" as an Alternative to "Pedigree"

The Church's FamilySearch website has a new feature that allows you to display four generations of one's ancestry in a "fan chart" format. This format is easy to use, and helpful for "at-a-glance" surveying. This is what mines looks like:


My main complain about this format is that you can't see more than four generations. I don't know why this limitation exists, because it seems it would be easy to show several more, especially if zooming capabilities were included. This is a pretty new format, so hopefully in the near future they can fix this.

As you can see, I really need to work on my mother's side of the family. I suspect most of those missing names are in the system already, but are not connected to my name yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment